Take the following quiz.
You don't need a pen, pencil or paper.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for Best
Actor and Actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series Winners.
How did you do?
NONE of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
There are no second-rate achievers on the above quiz.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here's another quiz.
See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Wasn't that a lot easier?
The people who make a difference in your life aren't the ones
with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They're the ones who care enough to spend personal time and
effort for you.
Take a minute to send this to a friend,
Or do you have to go accept an award?
Blogged with the Flock Browser